Eternal Warrior Project
building some projects - Page 2 Labels=0
Eternal Warrior Project
building some projects - Page 2 Labels=0
Eternal Warrior Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternal Warrior Project

The Eternal Warrior Project Official Guild

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

building some projects

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

building some projects - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: building some projects   building some projects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 6:04 pm

the BotD2 server for WarRoom will sit on NF and Kad Backup server since there is no PvP in that warroom and the instance of nwn2server seems to coexist without any problems beside nwn1server for BotD v04_08_12

Specs of the new server BotD2 for Battlefield

Intel pentium 4, cpu 2.41 ghz 1 gb ram
mswindows xp pro v.2002 sp2
windows autoupdates off
set of best performance of programs, paging 1152 mb
connection speed download 6 mb/s upload 0.8 m/s
all services not needed disabled
no antivirus
no applications on that server, excepted Windows and NWN2
only program running is nwn2server and it is set:
very difficult, no auto save, enforce legal char, item level restrictions, local char ok while building and testing

When it will be set, i'll install nwn2, motd and i'll update then i putup the first stripped module made by Ben that i just downloaded from our account botd on filesend.net
i'm so happy drunken
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: building some projects   building some projects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 7:07 pm

Well at least its almost done, FINALLY cheers . i was getting really lonely and that big feeling of neglect was starting to set in for me. Hopefully tomorrow you or some of the other guys can play some nwn1 or DoW. If not im gonna have to start drinkin to help curb the horrible neglect drunken
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: building some projects   building some projects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 8:24 pm

Neutral
i thought about pming you Ben for the modeling part
actually, it could be interesting for someone else too so i will post my comments here rabbit

you did a good job stripping that area, that was quite quick too
now, i will assist you for the next step, there are few more steps affraid

ok
remember that the principle is to avoid using client files for download, the players must be able to load on those stripped OC modules without any client files in the nwn1 fashion.

we can strip all the stuff in the module, creatures, items, placeables cameras etc. we can delete areas too and all the scripts and conversations, the idea is to keep the walkmesh original, not a bit touched.. but you meet another point i didnt mention first: we should not rename anything, we shouldnt rename the module or the areas because it is linked to the client loading. This is why i kept the name identical for Multiplayer Support server, 0100_UninvitedGuests.mod is the exact same OC module name and so for all the areas within (there's one tongue )

if you log one the server BotD WarRoom in team category, you will see that the name of the module is identical to the OC module... this is on purpose. Log on it and notice that all the areas are there, all the placeables, the waypoints, the map notes, the items, i even keep the workers and the greycloaks (they make some animations Smile )
It is also important to keep all existing walkmeshcut, the environmentals effects and placeables ... all the stuff not related to the npcs and the storyline can stay in it. I kept all the portals and wolf's minions in the WarRoom, i kept the lights, the trees and the grass... i even keep some enter scripts and i modified them just to avoid spawning and later, when we will have some stores and creatures, i will modify those scripts again to unlock some doors, the church, the tower, the library etc.. and the inn.. i didnt keep the creatures like Deekin but i left the store waypoint of Deekin who will be replaced but something else... i dont know what, DaSnorro is responsible.

Now that you succeed in this first step, you will get that OC module OOW and this time, you will keep all the areas without changing the names, you will keep the walkmeshcut, the portal and all the stuff you think that we will be able to reuse... this is the second step.
Once done, just upload it, i'll host it and test it.

The third step is not far and alot funnier dont worry Basketball
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: building some projects   building some projects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 9:02 am

i finished setting the router to send players on the 5124 when they log on BotD Battlefield
BotD WarRoom is port 5123 on the other server...

Now we have a DNS: botd.cjb.net
Instead of using an IP, you could direct connect using botd.cjb.net but you have to specify the port...

BotD Battlefield is: botd.cjb.net:5124
BotD WarRoom is: botd.cjb.net:5123

When we'll start playing the Battlefield, we will be able to log only on BotD WarRoom. A portal using botd.cjb.net:5124:password will then port us from the WarRoom to the Battlefield as if we were using a usual portal like those already existing in BotD1

I test those settings with 'direct connect' and 'join internet game'
Two other instances of nwnserver exist on NF and Kap Backup server:
BOTD v4_08_14 is on port 5121
Multiplayer Support is on port 5122

NF and Kad Backup server uses 5% of cpu at idle
New server uses 0% of cpu at idle

I would like some of you to test those settings, especially you Durin Smile : try to log on those 4 modules and give me a reply, thanks Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: building some projects   building some projects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 11:59 am

Well bonenashers approch is connected to the old owe well module do you want me to keep all of those areas as well? Secondly what is this going to be used for so i can get a better idea on what stuff to keep. Thanks

PS I did check out your war room to by they way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: building some projects   building some projects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 7:47 pm

visiting the warroom could give you some ideas
i kept all the stuff but i stripped all related to npcs and story
i kept the portal, wolf minions, the workers, the greycloaks and i kept all scripts enter_client to modify only what was related to the story and npcs
but i kept also most waypoints excepted all related to npcs and mapnotes concerning npcs cat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: building some projects   building some projects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 7:49 pm

Ok ill try that do u have kind of a deadline for me?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: building some projects   building some projects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 8:03 pm

as you notice, i dont push
i need your passion, not your work

remember we talked about getting good,
you know? when we like something, we go through all the same problems that most people goes but we persist because we like it, those problems are not stopping us, finally, more you give time, best you get
and i told you how to get good, i remember because i always say that:
learn to like it, you will get good in it

that's a form a passion to exploit, our emotions work in our own favor or totally against ourself, we have to find how to use them scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: building some projects   building some projects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 8:10 pm

Hah you realize that is quit alot to give. However you have it and I agree. Heh yes you told me and I am sure ill here it again. I will do this
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: building some projects   building some projects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 2:07 pm

oh geez... i cant standup
i have a horn stucked in the mattress
lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: building some projects   building some projects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 12:25 pm

Uploaded file 2:25 pm Sunday May 11, 2008
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: building some projects   building some projects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 12:26 pm

juliam wrote:
oh geez... i cant standup
i have a horn stucked in the mattress
lol!

LoL what dose that mean?

look at my pic lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: building some projects   building some projects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 6:47 pm

i downloaded the battlefield Ben is working on
and i put it up on BotD Battlefield with local char since it's still empty... i just forgot to ask Ben to leave the portals to the other areas
meanwhile it's empty but it's like the ground we'll work with, or like the structure we are building,
Ortie needs it to put the creatures he works on, i guess we'll have to log with a high level to avoid being killed immediatly

DaSnorro already has BotD WarRoom module to put the stores and the items, so we'll wait that he uploads it and i will put up his work on the BotD WarRoom server

and guys, dont work to much on that stuff in one shot, just upload your stuff and we'll put it up on the server, it gives all of us some ideas to think about... geez, i just see two players on BotD Battlefield logged at the moment, i wonder what they do in that empty module

meh?
they loggout and they came back, the 2 same
and they are still there for the last 20 minutes????

it's empty guys rabbit

mmm... i dont think they ear me lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: building some projects   building some projects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 7:49 pm

Oh i see lol. Like I said in my pm i left the transitions in there i think. they wont go anywhere becase the other places are removed i am unsure if you need to redraw them when that happens but i can do that though i have no where to draw them to. secondly high levels blow ^^. thirdly i never loged in so was not me. mybe they were inspecting my handy work heh maybe they thought i hide something special lol. finaly if i dont find anyone in the next half hour i am going to sleep....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: building some projects   building some projects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 3:28 pm

hey Smile
DaSnorro has completed some steps
he tried to upload but encounter a problem.. maybe he still had the wrong address i posted with filesend.com instead of www.filesend.net
i replied to him so now, we'll be able to download his work soon
dont give away your password, that work will blow once finished and we dont want our work cloned... geek

i downloaded your work today Ben,
i still cant do transition to the other areas...
did you revert to a previous version of your work where you still had the portal or...
do i have to understand according to your last post that you didnt include the areas? if that's so, revert to a previous version of your work, we need those areas and the portals to zone... you can also leave the placeables not related to the story, it's not a big deal.

we need those areas because the scenarios are still open, we didnt dig much in that subject yet... but i can already tell you that we probably wont use transitions in the battlefield since that subject was discussed in the nwn1 version. Anyway, leaving those areas dont take much memory nor cpu and we will have all options open like reusing a same module but displace the ports elsewhere if we like too.

so, i'll go over that process to be sure:
rename the original with original in front of the oc module to strip
copy in your document folder
rename with 1xx_OldOwlwell something_00.mod to identify your copy unchanged and increment each save as with _0X
load the toolset, open _00

PLAN
creatures: you can leave greycloaks, no store, no npcs related to story
conversations: all deleted creatures conversations
scripts: all of them
properties: delete the script in area property events
module properties: delete the scripts in module property events

open each area
do as in the plan but save as at each step incrementing _01 _02 ...
when an area is done, resave as... (important save as)

in trigger and placeables, dont delete walkcumesh, you can also leave all the placeables... that's about it

you should terminate this module with a number like _200 or something
it's alot of save as but if you need to revert, you approximativlly know where to revert...
dont rename your module without _XX, it will interfere with your own OC module that you need to keep clean.

last step, try your module, you should be able to log and do transition, walk in each area like i will have to do and check if you are satisfied cat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: building some projects   building some projects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 4:20 pm

This is what you should have gave me to begain with lol it is very helpfull i will start and prabably have it finnished somethime after you get out of school maybe around 4 ish.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: building some projects   building some projects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 12:35 pm

The module will be ready with-in the next hour i havent quit got around to starting it yet I had to work on getting the pool ready. So ill post another msg when i get it uploaded. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: building some projects   building some projects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 1:57 pm

File uploaded at 3:57 pm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: building some projects   building some projects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 8:53 pm

k, i'll download it Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: building some projects   building some projects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 9:15 pm

twice..... oh no dose this mean ill be yelled at 2 times for my shoddy proformance. unfortunaly for you I enjoying doing this and a little matanice should not be to difficult to correct. However your friends are probably like....where the heck is it and there most likely getting fed up with me but eh i dont care lol i work on it as much as i can hopefully this one is what you want i have confedence that this is the one you will need. If not dont hessitate to ask and ill get to work right away tomarrow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: building some projects   building some projects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 6:17 am

euh... nope

DaSnorro did some work but we'll have to sit for a moment because he went to far.
It's even harder to speak to DaS because he's a good scripter and he did alot to much work. Fortunally, he's a good nature and he will undersand but i go ahead my planning, i have to examine his work and post about it this evening.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: building some projects   building some projects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 10:04 am

8:17 heh. I am going to work on the mod a bit latter I have some stuff I have to do but then ill work on it alot. I should however finnish it before you get on tonight. I got nothen going on today and I dont feel like playing video games untile later so shadow dont bug me otherwise i wont get done and julia will yell at me. This one will take me longer becase i am going into more detail and I have to work on things I have no exprience with. Remember I have only been useing the NWN2 toolset for a week. See you guys online sometime. Cheers!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: building some projects   building some projects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 4:55 pm

Hey its already 7. I had a few questions about the mod. Although I havent seen you. I cant seem to find that script that tells you about not supporting more then one team. mod properties and then it just gives me a list of Misc time starting area and script in script i cant find anything like that. Other then that i did not change to much but if you want me just to leave it ill just upload it.

Edit: I decided to upload it anyway Razz 7:51 pm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: building some projects   building some projects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 7:26 pm

JULIA STOP BEING A SLAVE DRIVER!!!!
YOUR SCREWING UP EVERYONES GAME TIME ESPECIALLUY MINE!!!! Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: building some projects   building some projects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 3:50 pm

that's cool Ben bounce
i putup your mod on BotD Battlefield Smile
i am so happy for you, you got it, you... got it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: building some projects   building some projects - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

building some projects
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eternal Warrior Project :: Neverwinter Nights Series :: Neverwinter Nights 2-
Jump to: